How to activate Tam on your ID card?
Activate your ID card in two simple steps:
• Make sure your eID Card is issued on the 14of July 2013 or later.
*If issued before, please visit Directorate General of Civil Status TO RENEW.
• For citizens, if your ID card expires on 14 July 2018, and later, then it has PKI digital certificates and there is no need to replace it.
• For residents, if your ID card expires on 14 July 2015, then it has PKI digital certificates and there is no need to replace it.
• Please visit nearest Directorate General of Civil Status to activate your ID card. Check available locations.
• During Activation, you will be asked to enter 6(digits) for personal Identification number (PIN).
• You are asked to confirm the code again.
*Please note: ID activation does NOT send an SMS confirming success or containing the PIN code.
*Please DO NOT SHARE YOUR PIN CODE WITH OTHERS for your own security which is protected by the Omani Electronic Transaction Law.
For more information please visit: http://www.ita.gov.om/PKI Or call the free toll number: 80077777 , or send email to : email@example.com