How to Apply for Refund?
If a taxpayer has paid more than the total amount of claims for the year, the excess can be transferred to cover the liabilities in some other tax year or the taxpayer can apply for a refund. Only excess confirmed with an assessment can be refunded and the application cannot be submitted earlier than 60 days from the date of the assessment.
Entering Refund Application
- Click on the New Refund Application button.
- On the Refund Application page, click on the Add New Assessment button to select the assessment stating the excess you request to be refunded.
- On the Select Assessments page, click on the document number of the assessment. If you wish to ask for e refund from several assessments, repeat the step.
- Adjust the requested amount(s) in the Refund Amount Requested (OMR) field(s), if necessary.
- Fill in the fields in the Application Details section.
- Click on the Save button.
The refund application is saved. If necessary, attachments can be added to the application. To change the application, click on the Edit button. Application can be changed and cancelled until it is submitted.
Adding Attachments to Refund Application
It is possible to add attachments to the refund application. For example, to include the signed request by the auditor. Attachments can be added only before submitting the application.
- If you have just saved the application, stay on the same page.
If you have navigated away from the page, open the Refund Applications page (steps in the previous chapter) and click on the View link in the end of the row of the application to which you want to add the attachments.
- Click on the Attachments tab.
- Click on the Add new attachment button.
- Enter the name of the document to the Name field.
- Click Browse to locate the file in your computer and select it for upload.
- Click on the Save and Close If you want to add another attachment as well, click Save and New.
To open or download an attachment, click on the document file name in the Attachments table.
To remove an attachment, click on the Remove link at the end of the row of this document and click Yes on the Confirmation popup.
Submitting Refund Application
Once all information has been entered and saved and the necessary attachments added, the refund application can be submitted.
- Open the Refund Applications page and click on the View link for the application you want to submit.
- On the Refund Application page, click on the Submit button.
- Click Yes on the confirmation popup.
The document is submitted. The application must now be processed by SGT.
Cancelling Refund Application
In case a refund application has been entered by mistake, it can be cancelled. User can cancel a document if it is in the "Draft" status (before submitting).
- Open the Refund Applications page and click on the View link for the application you want to cancel.
- On the Refund Application page, click on the Cancel Document button.
- On the Cancel Refund Application page, enter the reason for cancellation to the Comments box and click on the Cancel Document button.
The document is cancelled and the document status is changed to "Cancelled".