How to Apply for Additional Tax Waver?
In case the taxpayer has a solid reason why they have not been able to pay their tax dues, they can apply for a waiver through the Tax Management Portal.
Entering Additional Tax Waiver Application
- Click on the Add AT Waiver Application button.
- On the AT Waiver Application page, click on the Add new row button.
- On the Add new row page, fill in the fields.
- Click on the Add button.
- Adjust the requested waiver amount if necessary – to change the amount from full waiver to a specific amount, select waiver type Specific amount from the dropdown list.
Then enter the specific amount to the Waiver Amount Requested (OMR) field.
- Fill in the fields in the Application Information section.
- Click on the Save button.
The AT waiver application is saved. If necessary, attachments can be added to the application. To change the application, click on the Edit button. Application can be changed and cancelled until it is submitted.
Adding Attachments to AT Waiver Application
It is possible to add attachments to the AT waiver application. For example, to include the signed application by the taxpayer's signatory. Attachments can be added only before submitting the application.
- If you have just saved the application, stay on the same page.
If you have navigated away from the page, open the Additional Tax Waivers page and click on the View link in the end of the row of the application to which you want to add the attachments.
- Click on the Attachments tab.
- Click on the Add new attachment button.
- Enter the name of the document to the Name field.
- Click Browse to locate the file in your computer and select it for upload.
- Click on the Save and Close If you want to add another attachment as well, click Save and New.
To open or download an attachment, click on the document file name in the Attachments table.
To remove an attachment, click on the Remove link at the end of the row of this document and click Yes on the Confirmation popup.
Submitting Additional Tax Waiver Application
Once all information has been entered and saved and the necessary attachments added, the AT Waiver application can be submitted.
- Open the Additional Tax Waivers page and click on the View link for the application you want to submit.
- On the AT Waiver page, click on the Submit button.
- Click Yes on the confirmation popup.
The document is submitted. The application must now be processed by SGT.
Cancelling Additional Tax Waiver Application
In case an AT waiver application has been entered by mistake, it can be cancelled. You can cancel a document if it is in the "Draft" status (before submitting).
- Open the Additional Tax Waivers page and click on the View link for the application you want to cancel.
- On the AT Waiver page, click on the Cancel Document button.
- On the Cancel AT Waiver Application page, enter the reason for cancellation to the Comments box and click on the Cancel Document button.
The document is cancelled and the document status is changed to "Cancelled".